7.29.2010

letterpress class

Hi all!!

I am beyond excited because I just signed up for my first basic letterpress class here in NYC. I'm going to learn a ton in three hours, and will leave with 24 personalized note cards. This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time. I had originally wanted to complete a more intense course based on digital images that were then transferred to photopolymer plates, as this is something I am interested in, but those courses just did not seem to fit into my schedule. This basic class will teach me how the original operators of these historic pieces of machinery actually used them - setting the type and composing by hand. Fortunately, I think the basic idea remains the same regardless of the method, and this course is about 1/4 of the cost of that more intense one, so that's good.


And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here is an image of and old letterpress:


Also, here is a series of short clips from Boxcar Press on how it all works.

The course is August 3, so I'll post pics of my completed cards once they're complete!


Merry early Christmas to me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!

    ! Finally I've found something which helped me. Cheers!

    Also visit my website: Http://www.lizhixiangkuang.com/shownews.asp?id=120334

    ReplyDelete

leave your thoughts:

more info about our wedding:

our wedding website